Owner / Principal Engineer
A detail-oriented Engineering Manager , Project Manager and Mechanical Engineer with experience in planning and designing for production. He possess sound knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including the application of principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment used in fabrication. Proficient with designing and calculating in Solidworks ,ACAD and Pro-E while also exhibiting proficiency in engineering modules such as FEA, EES, RSLogix PLC, LabVIEW and MATLAB. Capable of demonstrating and presenting complex material in a clear and persuasive manner for various audiences. Creative and a results-driven professional with extensive experience working both independently and in teams.
Areas of Expertise:
- Carbon Fiber Product Developement
- New Product Development and Management
- Fluid Dynamics and Dynamic Simulation
- Finite Elemental Anlaysis (Solidwork FEA Certified)
- Sheet Metal Design and fabrication (Solidworks Sheetmetal Professional Certified)
- Injection Molding and Thermoform plastic process and design
- Manufacturing Design Engineering
- Reverse Engineering, Scan To 3D, PointCloud and Mesh Analysis (GeoMagic and Solidworks)
- Carbon Fiber composite engineering and mold/plug design
- Top level assembly management, DFA/DFM, fixture and prototype design
- Reverse engineering and production involving plastics and metal
- Engineering Design and Drafting – 13 years
- KANBAN, LEAN and Value Engineering
- Knowledge and Understanding of Engineering ANSI and SFI Standards
- Project and Contract Management
Owner & Director of Sales / Operations-OffRoad Division
Product testing, development and design
Welding & fab
WESLEY WILLIAMS , Ph.D.
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2005 - 2009) (Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering)
- Dissertation Topic "A Novel Fluorescence Based Method of Assessing Subsurface Damage in Optical Materials"
- Georgia Institute of Technology (2002 - 2004) (M.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- Durham Technical Community College (2000 - 2003)
- North Carolina State University (1995 - 2000) (B.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P. Moyer, W. Parker, M. Randles, "Using Quantum Dots to Evaluate Subsurface Damage Depths and Formation Mechanisms in Glass", Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 59/1, 2010.
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P. Moyer, W. Parker, M. Randles, “Using Quantum dots to Tag Subsurface Damage in Lapped and Polished Glass Samples”, Applied Optics, Vol. 48, No. 27 (2009).
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P.Moyer, W. Parker, M. Randles, " Evaluating Subsurface Damage with Quantum Dots", Topical Meeting of the Optical Fabrication & Testing (OF&T), Jackson Hole, WY, OWA3, June 201
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P.Moyer, W. Parker, "Adding quantum dots to abrasive slurries to detect subsurface damage in polished glass", Technical Digest, Optifab 2009, Rochester, TD06-34, May 2009
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, M. Randles, P. Moyer, W. Parker, "Evaluating Quantum Dots as a Means to Detect Subsurface Damage in Polished Glass", Global COE First International Symposium on Atomically Controlled Fabrication, Feb 2009
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, M. Randles, P. Moyer, W. Parker, “Characterizing Quantum Dots for use in Detecting Subsurface Damage”, American Society for Precision Engineering Conference, October 2008
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, M. Randles, P. Moyer, W. Parker, “Fluorescent Materials in the Detection of Subsurface Damage”, NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, January 2008
- B. Mullany, A. Landis, W. Williams, P. Murray, I. Roberts, “Pitch polishing of silica - Correlation between material removal rates and obtainable surface finishes”, Optifab 2007, CD 260, TD04-53, May 2007.
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, “Real time Measurement of Friction and Vibration during Polishing”, American Society for Precision Engineering Conference, October 2006.
Honors & Awards:
- 1st Place UNC Charlotte Graduate Research Fair Presentation Competition (2009)
- American Society for Precision Engineering General Meeting Travel Award (2008)
- 3rd Place Student Poster Competition Optifab Conference (2007)
- 1st place in NCSU Mechanical Engineering Senior Design competition (2000)